Jaarlijks ontvangt ASEED 1 of 2 buitenlandse vrijwilligers in het kader van het European Volunteer Service programma van de EU. EVS-projecten bij ASEED duren 1 jaar. Op het moment zijn we op zoek naar jongeren voor een project dat op 1 september 2017 begint. [De oproep voor nieuwe vrijwilligers vanuit het buitenland bestaat alleen in het engels.]
Do you have affinity with the work of ASEED, some experience with activism, grass roots organising or campaigning on agriculture/food? We are looking for two persons joining the ASEED team for a period of one year starting in September 2017, as an EVS-er (European Voluntary Service). If you are not older than 30 years, not of Dutch nationality, speak English, and would like to join us, then maybe this is something for you. Read more about it below and get in touch!
ASEED Europe is looking for 2 enthusiastic volunteers to join our campaign team in Amsterdam for one year, as participant in the European Volunteer Service (EVS). We are a small grassroots action and campaign group, with people from various parts of Europe working and volunteering in the office.
Our work is focusing on two major fields under the Food Sovereignty umbrella: the links between food systems and climate change, and seeds. We regularly organise or participate in activities within those fields such as information sessions, festivals, European exchanges, etc. In addition, ASEED collaborates with various groups and initiatives, from the local to the international scale. Examples are the promotion of community supported agriculture projects or the active participation in the Monsanto Tribunal.
As an EVS-er, you will be helping out with realising these activities under the guidance of team members. The main working language is English, but regularly some Dutch will cypher through since our campaigns are primarily focused on The Netherlands.
Your main task will be, together with the ASEED team, to follow up on the food / agriculture and climate change campaign. Key elements of this campaign in 2016-2017 are the publication of the brochure The Climate Crisis is a Food System Crisis and the organisation of the Food Autonomy Festival.
Other key tasks and responsibilities will vary depending on you skills and motivations but may include:
- setting up information activities such as dinners in various social centers in Amsterdam and the Netherlands,
- facilitate and/or give workshops and presentations,
- fundraising (benefit dinners, application writing),
- communications (website, social media use, writing articles and
- producing campaign materials (brochures, flyers, stickers, posters etc.),
- networking & info distribution (tabling at and participating in
- following news/research campaign topics,
- participating in general in ASEED office tasks.
- high motivation,
- fluency in English,
- experience in grassroots activism,
- knowledge and interest in agriculture and food issues, and issues related to climate change,
- self-organised and capable of working independently with the support of the ASEED team,
- able to function well in a small team within a changing organisation,
- demonstrable (DIY) organisational skills,
- sense of responsibility,
- affinity with social and environmental struggles and activism in general,
- under the age of 30 and not of Dutch nationality (EVS general criteria).
- experience in working with a horizontal, non-hierarchical organisation,
- graphic design and other creative skills.
We also welcome proposals by EVS-candidates who wish to run a 1 year personal project within the range of ASEED’s current campaign goals. If you do, please send us a project outline of max. 800 words in addition to your motivation letter.
The position will be based in Amsterdam, at ASEED’s office, from September 2017 to September 2017. EVS provides a relatively low budget and can offer a financial compensation suitable for a sustainably sober lifestyle. We will also help you with finding accommodation in Amsterdam. If you are interested, please send your motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com.
The deadline is April 16th. Short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for a (skype) interview to be scheduled on April 19th or 20th. Contact us by phone or email if you have any questions.