Hello! This is the post-summer edition of ASEED’s newsletter. Read how about the Good Food March for a sustainable, fair and GMO-free agriculture and food in Europe. Shocking scientific research proves GM maize causes huge tumors. GM-potato field trials in the Netherlands destroyed and protests in Ireland against same WUR potatoes. BASF in Germany was blocked because of their pushing forward with their GM potatoes. All this getting us brooding on exciting anti GM campaign plans for 2013…
Fresh from the oven, euh, press: there will be a MOBILE BREAD OVEN at the Agriculture Action Camp. This newsletter is mainly an update on that event, starting next week. Read more about it in English below the Dutch part. Also: new materials in Dutch (Farmer to Farmer and video report of the Reclaim the Seeds weekend), our Food sovereignty brochure in NL and ENG, and we are looking for 1 or 2 new EVS-ers.
SEEDmail May 2012: Of field liberators, action camps and much more.
Welcome to SEEDmail, the digital newsletter of ASEED. In the previous one we announced the Reclaim the Seeds weekend of early March. It was a great success. Since then we have been busy with the preparations of new campaigns and actions. High time for some announcements and reports. Enjoy reading.
Hello, here is SEEDmail, the seediest ASEED newsletter so far, featuring:
1. Reclaim the Seeds – seed fair + volunteer call – 10-11 March
2. Kokopelli Collective on the way to success within the European seed regulations
3. Agriculture action camp – 5-10 July
4. Albert Heijn’s Irresponsible Soy: get Ahold!
5. BASF announces GMO retreat from Europe
6. Workshop on agroecological farming and food movement
7. Food sovereignty and VersVoko Food Co-ops
8. Flemish ngo´s reject field trial of gmo-corn VIB
9. Slow Science Workshop, 30 March 2012, VUB Brussels
10. Vokomokum on Dutch television
11. Wij zijn het megazat – 17 March 12.00hr – Dam square Amsterdam
2012: Year of Action for Solidarity, Equality, Environment and Diversity. (English version below)
ASEED heeft uw financiële steun harder nodig dan ooit: Schenk gul!
We vragen niet snel rechtstreeks om financiële steun, maar het zal niemand verbazen dat wij, net als vele andere initiatieven op activistisch, cultureel of sociaal gebied, steeds meer moeite hebben om voldoende geld te vinden om onze organisatie en activiteiten te kunnen voortzetten. Uw hulp steunt de strijd voor het milieu en voor sociale rechtvaardigheid.
Hello and happy 2011 to all of our readers! Our new years’ resolutions are to bust the corporate green launderette called RTRS, build up the Dutch food action movement and stuff our faces with local fresh food from independent distribution channels. From the snowy peaks of Amsterdam we bring you SEEDmail, the ASEED newsletter.
– Round Table on Responsible Soy
– 2013 European Community Agriculture
– VersVoko dates
– Berlin demonstration
– Protest against privatising biodiversity – Amsterdam
– Monsanto inspection hidden agenda
– New A SEED website
– Financial appeal