“When the ordinary language in use is inadequate to articulate what begs to be articulated, then it is time for a new vocabulary.”
The ASEED podcast is back!!! With a third episode, this time related to our bi-monthly theme “Degrowth”. Over the last two months, we read and discussed a lot around the topics of degrowth within our collective, in the reading group and now in the form of a podcast. We invited Giuseppe Feola, an Associate Professor of Social Change for Sustainability in the Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development at Utrecht University (https://www.uu.nl/staff/GFeola), to chat with him about degrowth and to get a glimpse of his work on degrowth.
If you want to find out why we think that it is relevant to discuss degrowth in relation to food system change, then go ahead and listen to our newest episode! We go deeper into the concept of degrowth, Giuseppe’s background on degrowth, the connection to food and nature, degrowth in relation to globalisation and of course degrowth in times of Covid-19.
We hope that you liked it and that you got a little bit inspired on alternative forms of living, producing and consuming that can secure the livelihoods of all without growth. Since degrowth is a frame, where different lines of thought, imaginaries, or courses of action come together, the conversation in this podcast just covers a few existing ideas. Therefore, we encourage you to dive deeper into the topic. See some suggested links below and check out our reading group reports here online.
Do you have ideas for future speakers / topics / feeback about how to improve our podcast skills?
Then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Here you can also donate aseed.net/donate, to help keep us structurally funded (especially over the last weeks we have been struggling a bit due to cancellation of a lot of events) and able to create content and plan actions!
- The unmaking programme:https://unmaking.sites.uu.nl/
- The Dutch Degrowth platform:https://ontgroei.degrowth.net/
- First Utrecht Degrowth Symposium:https://ontgroei.degrowth.net/utrecht-degrowth-symposium/
- Summary of the second Utrecht degrowth symposium: https://ontgroei.degrowth.net/towards-a-circular-society-an-overview-of-the-second-online-utrecht-degrowth-symposium/
- Second Utrecht Degrowth Symposium: on Youtube –https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3ZgKmyFz6NMpT1aQ_9k5z27q0YoK_4s9
- A library on degrowth:https://ontgroei.degrowth.net/degrowth-library/
- Manifesto in English (https://www.thebrokeronline.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Planning-for-Post-Corona.pdf) and Dutch (https://www.trouw.nl/duurzaamheid-natuur/manifest-van-170-wetenschappers-het-is-een-blunder-als-we-niet-groener-uit-de-coronacrisis-komen~b12864df/)