Jaarlijks ontvangt ASEED 1 of 2 (buitenlandse) vrijwilligers in het kader van het European Solidarity Corps programma van de EU. ESC-projecten bij ASEED duren 1 jaar. Op het moment zijn we op zoek naar jongeren voor een project dat op 7 januari 2019 begint. [De oproep voor nieuwe vrijwilligers bestaat alleen in het engels.]
Do you have affinity with the work of ASEED, some experience with activism, grass roots organising or campaigning on agriculture/food? We are looking for one person joining the ASEED team for a period of one year starting in January 2019, as an ESC-er (European Solidarity Corps). If you are not older than 30 years, speak English, and would like to join us, then maybe this is something for you. Read more about it below and get in touch!
ASEED Europe is looking for 1 enthusiastic volunteer to join our campaign team in Amsterdam for one year, as participant in the European Solidarity Corps (ESC). We are a small grassroots action and campaign group, with people from various parts of Europe working and volunteering in the office.
Our work is focusing on two major fields under the Food Sovereignty umbrella: the links between food systems and climate change, and seeds. We regularly organise or participate in activities within those fields such as information sessions, festivals, European exchanges, etc. In addition, ASEED collaborates with various groups and initiatives, from the local to the international scale. Examples are the promotion of community supported agriculture projects or the active participation in the Monsanto Tribunal.
As an ESC-er, you will be helping out with realising these activities under the guidance of team members. The main working language is English, but regularly some Dutch will cypher through since our campaigns are primarily focused on The Netherlands.
Your main task will be, together with the ASEED team, to follow up on the fossil free agriculture campaign. Here you can find more information about our ideas and goals in this campaign.
Other key tasks and responsibilities will vary depending on you skills and motivations but may include:
- setting up information activities such as dinners in various social centers in Amsterdam and the Netherlands,
- facilitate and/or give workshops and presentations,
- fundraising (benefit dinners, application writing),
- communications (website, social media use, writing articles and
- producing campaign materials (brochures, flyers, stickers, posters etc.),
- networking & info distribution (tabling at and participating in events, mail-outs),
- following news/research campaign topics,
- participating in general in ASEED office tasks.
- high motivation,
- fluency in English,
- experience in grassroots activism,
- knowledge and interest in agriculture and food issues, and issues related to climate change,
- self-organised and capable of working independently with the support of the ASEED team,
- able to function well in a small team within a changing organisation,
- demonstrable (DIY) organisational skills,
- sense of responsibility,
- affinity with social and environmental struggles and activism in general,
- under the age of 30 (general ESC criteria)
- experience in working with a horizontal, non-hierarchical organisation,
- graphic design and other creative skills.
The position will be based in Amsterdam, at ASEED’s office, from January 2019 to January 2020. EVS provides a relatively low budget and can offer a small financial compensation. We will also help you with finding accommodation in Amsterdam. If you are interested, please send your motivation letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is November 5th. Short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for a (skype) interview to be scheduled the following week. Contact us by phone or email if you have any questions.